Barbara Merwin has over 25 years of experience in Information Technology, working with both large international organizations and small not-for-profits. She began her career as a business analyst and has continued to apply those skills in a wide variety of situations. Barbara is the drafting author of the Quality Assurance Institute’s Certified Business Analyst Common Body of Knowledge. Barbara speaks and teaches internationally on a wide variety of topics. She was one of the founders of the Quality Assurance Association of Maryland and was the Conference Chair for the 2005 and 2006 Quality Assurance Institute’s International Software Quality Assurance Conference.
QUEST 2013 Conference and EXPO Sessions:
Registration for this course closes at 12:00 PM CDT on Friday, April 12. Register now!
The Certified Software Quality Analyst Prep Course is designed specifically to prepare the quality assurance professional for the CSQA examination. This is a 2-day course taught by a certified QAI instructor. The course assists the quality assurance professional in focusing on the topics that are important for understanding, thus helping toward the successful completion of the exam. This course is not intended to supplant the need for proper examination preparation. However, it will serve as an excellent review of the CSQA Common Body of Knowledge (CBOK) which consists of the ten skill categories listed below. Sample exam questions are provided throughout the course.
- Quality Principles and Concepts
- Quality Leadership
- Quality Baselines (Assessments and Models)
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Planning
- Define, Build, Implement, and Improve Work Processes
- Quality Control Practices
- Metrics and Measurement
- Intern Control and Security
- Outsourcing, COTS, and Contracting Quality
Certification Prep Courses will be hosted on the 33rd floor of the Willis Tower at 233 South Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606.
- Formal application for certification is not required to take the prep course.
- Attendance is limited to 25 students (register early to guarantee a spot).
- The course fee is non-refundable; substitutes are allowed with prior notification.
- No walk-ins will be accepted.
- Complimentary lunch will be provided by the Chicago Quality Assurance Association.