A test strategy is the set of big-picture ideas embodying the overarching direction or design of a test effort. It’s the significant values that will inspire, influence and ultimately drive your testing, and the overall decisions you have made about ways and means of delivering on those values. Rather than the weighty templates standard in many organizations, a lightweight medium like a mindmap is a far superior tool for developing a test strategy and communicating its essentials to your stakeholders. In this workshop, you will work together with Fiona to develop a test strategy mindmap. Along the way, you’ll explore what really matters in a test strategy, how best to capture it in a mindmap, and how then to use the mindmap to communicate the strategy to stakeholders. Come join this lively workshop and have fun developing your own mindmap!
- Learn the differences between a strategy and a tactical plan
- Understand the essential elements of a test strategy
- Discover how to use a mindmap to develop your test strategy
Workshop Leader: Fiona Charles, Quality Intelligence
Fiona Charles teaches testers and other IT people project skills “beyond process”— skills essential to thrive and excel on any kind of software project. An expert test consultant and manager, she has been in the thick of it through 30+ years of challenging projects across the business spectrum on both sides of the Atlantic. Throughout her career, Fiona has advocated, designed, implemented and taught pragmatic and humane practices to deliver software worth having. Fiona’s articles appear frequently, and she conducts experiential workshops at international conferences and in-house for clients. She is co-founder and host of the Toronto Workshop on Software Testing, an annual peer conference for test practitioners. She edited The Gift of Time, a collection of essays celebrating Jerry Weinberg’s work, and the “Women of Influence” special issue of STP Magazine in which she was also featured.
Don't miss these other great sessions at the QUEST 2013 Conference and EXPO:
- Half-Day Tutorial: Risk Based Testing on Steroids
- Presentation: Test Architecture Planning for Test Coverage and Efficiency
- One-Day Class: Identifying and Executing the Most Important Tests
- Presentation: Test Estimation: Planning for Reality
- Presentation: Three Strategies to Improve Your Testing Effort