Despite the number of commercial and open source tools available today for requirements management, test management, test automation and defect management, spreadsheets are still the most frequently used “tool” in documenting requirements, test cases and defects. Testing organizations may want to use tools to improve productivity and collaboration, but often lack the time, budget, skills, standards, and processes to effectively implement or expand their usage of testing tools. Tools can easily become abandoned or replaced by another tool having greater promise.
QUEST is on a mission to foster the exchange of success stories in implementing and using testing tools, regardless of the specific tool. Come join the winners of QUEST’s Testing Tools Information Exchange and hear about their innovative and value-added approaches to implementing and using testing tools within their organizations. Speakers include:
- Drew Griffin, WebAssign – Selenium
- Raynay Valles, TAP Group – TFS/MTM
- Leif Fortson, ConnectWise – QTP
- Abishek Machani, Orbitz – Selenium and TestNG
- Chris Whyde, Capital One – QTP
- Julia Bliss, Protiviti – TFS/MTM
- Niranjan Bandi, CF Industries –Loadrunner
Moderator: Nancy Kastl, QUEST Conference Chairperson
Nancy Kastl is an accomplished professional with over twenty-five years experience as a consultant, director, facilitator, and instructor in software quality and testing. As an entrepreneur and consultant, she brings her expertise to management teams in strategic planning, measurement, quality management, software testing, process re-engineering, program management offices, and project management. As the director of the TAP Group’s quality practice, she provides leadership for the On-shore Testing Studio in Chicago with a mission to retool and provide jobs for unemployed Americans, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Nancy is a former VP of Quality Assurance at Harris Bank and is the founder and President of the Chicago Quality Assurance Association. Nancy is a frequent conference speaker and is currently the QUEST conference chairperson. She has served on the Purdue University’s IT Advisory Committee and the QAI Global Institute’s Certification Board.
Don't miss these other great sessions at the QUEST 2013 Conference and EXPO:
- Presentation: Automating Testing with gherkinSalad – Our Story
- Workshop: Building a Strategy for Test Automation Success
- Presentation: Shaping the Future of Testing Tools: Escaping the 1990’s!
- Presentation: Leveraging Open Source Test Automation: A Selenium WebDriver Case Study
- One-Day Class: Leveraging Selenium Open Source for Test Automation
- Presentation: Leveraging Automation beyond Regression Testing