Today, business intelligence solutions are rivaling enterprise transaction-based applications in importance to the organization. Immediate access to a trusted source of business information is critical for organizations to understand what is occurring within their various lines of business and to help make better future business decisions. As more data is collected and transformed to useful business information, implementations have grown more complex and the need to get the data right the first time has become the critical success factor for business intelligence and data warehouse solutions. The tools and techniques for testing business intelligence solutions are not mature and have caused many implementations to fail because the business users do not deem the information reliable. In this session, we will review testing activities that have led to successful business intelligence implementations, pitfalls to avoid and trends in business intelligence that will affect how solutions are tested in the future.
Speaker: Gregg Donner, Compuware Corporation
Gregg Donner is a Program Director and Business Intelligence Strategist for Compuware Corporation. He has over 25 years of experience developing enterprise-wide strategies that help organizations improve their business performance by implementing effective information management and analytic solutions. He has managed global technology and business solutions teams, consulting engagements, and vendor services for Fortune 100 companies both domestically and internationally. Gregg’s background includes leading multimillion-dollar global initiatives delivering information management solutions in the banking, private wealth management, capital markets, pharma, higher education, healthcare, and manufacturing industries.
Don't miss these other great sessions at the QUEST 2013 Conference and EXPO:
- Presentation: Harnessing the Cloud for On-Demand Software Testing
- Presentation: That Sounds Great in Practice, But…
- Workshop: Integrating Exploratory Testing with Traditional Testing Methods
- Presentation: Testing Collaboration Sites and Content Management Solutions
- Presentation: The Importance of Code Coverage in the Internet Age
- Presentation: Risk-Based Configuration Control: Balancing Flexibility with Stability
- Presentation: The Battle of the Bug: Working Together in the Pursuit of Quality
- Presentation: Regression Transformation Initiative: A Case Study
- Workshop: Critical Thinking in Software Testing: Leveraging the Scientific Method
- Half-Day Tutorial: Creative Techniques for Discovering Test Ideas
- Half-Day Tutorial: Risk-Based Peer Reviews
- Presentation: Verification and Validation Methods: Should You Be Using Them Today?
- Two-Day Class: Essentials of Software Testing