Choosing an appropriate tool and building the right framework are typically thought of as the main challenges in implementing successful test automation. However, long term success requires that other key questions must be answered including: What are our objectives? How should we be organized? Will our processes need to change? Will our test environment support test automation? What skills will we need? How and when should we implement? In this workshop, Lee will discuss how to assess your test automation readiness and build a strategy for long term success. You will interactively walk through the assessment process and build a test automation strategy based on input from the group. Attend this workshop and you will take away a blue print and best practices for building an effective test automation strategy in your organization.
- Understand the key aspects of a successful test automation function
- Learn how to assess your test automation readiness
- Develop a test automation strategy specific to your organization
Workshop Leader: Lee Barnes, Utopia Solutions
Lee Barnes has over 18 years of experience in the software quality assurance and testing field. He has successfully implemented test automation and performance testing solutions in hundreds of environments across a wide array of industries. He is a recognized thought leader in his field and speaks regularly on related topics. As Founder and CTO of Utopia Solutions, Lee is responsible for the firm's delivery of software quality solutions which include mobile quality, performance management, and test automation.
Don't miss these other great sessions at the QUEST 2013 Conference and EXPO:
- General Session: The Great Testing Tools Information Exchange
- Presentation: Automating Testing with gherkinSalad – Our Story
- Presentation: Shaping the Future of Testing Tools: Escaping the 1990’s!
- Presentation: Leveraging Open Source Test Automation: A Selenium WebDriver Case Study
- One-Day Class: Leveraging Selenium Open Source for Test Automation
- Presentation: Leveraging Automation beyond Regression Testing