Registration for this course closes at 12:00 PM CDT on Friday, April 12. Register now!
The Certified Software Test Engineer Prep Course is designed specifically to prepare the quality testing professional for the CSTE examination. This is a 2-day course taught by a certified QAI instructor. The course aids the quality testing professional in focusing in on the topics that are important for understanding, thus helping toward the successful completion of the exam. This course is not intended to supplant the need for proper examination preparation. However, it will serve as an excellent review of the CSTE Common Body of Knowledge (CBOK) which consists of the ten skill categories listed below. Sample exam questions are provided throughout the course.
- Software Testing Principles and Concepts
- Building the Test Environment
- Managing the Test Project
- Test Planning
- Executing the Test Plan
- Test Status, Analysis, and Reporting
- User Acceptance Testing
- Testing Software Developed by Outside Organizations
- Testing Software Controls and the Adequacy of Security Procedures
- Testing New Technologies
Certification Prep Courses will be hosted on the 33rd floor of the Willis Tower at 233 South Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606.
- Formal application for certification is not required to take the prep course.
- Attendance is limited to 25 students (register early to guarantee a spot).
- The course fee is non-refundable; substitutes are allowed with prior notification.
- No walk-ins will be accepted.
- Complimentary lunch will be provided by the Chicago Quality Assurance Association.
Instructor: Mike Ennis, Accenture
Mike Ennis is a Senior Manager in Accenture’s Technology practice specializing in planning and executing testing efforts. Mike has a deep technology and testing background and has led numerous test teams both on and off-shore. Additionally, Mike has conducted test assessments, created process improvement initiatives, created test strategies, test plans and has led execution efforts at various clients such as IBM, BMC Software, and Intuit. He has over 20 years of experience and is a Certified Software Testing Engineer, Certified Software Quality Analyst, a Certified Foundation Level Tester as well a respected speaker, mentor and coach. Mike also drives Accenture’s Global Testing and Certification Program.