QUEST 2012 features a dedicated agile track on both Wednesday and Thursday. Class, keynote, and two days of sessions offer an opportunity to learn about Scrum, user stories, agile transformations, communications, the backlog, test automation, success stories, and the pitfalls and perils of agile. Click on individual titles below to view full abstracts.
Agile Class: Transitioning to Agile Testing
Projects using agile methods for software development are becoming more common. One of the greatest challenges project teams face in this environment is getting the testers up to speed. Join Janet Gregory, co-author of Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers and Agile Teams and a contributor to 97 Things Every Programmer Should Know, who will explain the new role of an agile tester and some of the skills needed to make them successful. Explore the full class objectives and outline.
Conference Keynote: “Continuous Feedback” with Brian Harry, Microsoft
Don’t miss QUEST’s Wednesday keynote presentation by Brian Harry, Microsoft Technical Fellow, as he discusses how a modern testing approach can be a great enabler of flow, transparency, and the reduction of waste. Explore the full class objectives and outline.
Agile Conference Sessions
- Using Agile Concepts to Treat Organizational Dysfunction with Michael Mah, QSM Associates, Inc.
- Communication Techniques for Successful Agile Software Projects with Rivka Papoff, Anixter International
- Agile is from Venus and PMOs from Mars with Patricia A. Eglin, David Consulting Group
- Pitfalls and Perils of Agile Testing with Janet Gregory, DragonFire Inc.
- Bonus Session: Slicing Product Backlog Items: A Vital Scrum Skill with Timothy Korson, PhD, Qualsys Solutions
- Agile Test Automation: Truth, Oxymoron or Lie with George Wilson, Original Software
- An Agility Transformation Journey with Si Alhir, Redpoint Technologies and Len Lagestee, Cars.com
- Agile with Traceability: Blending Requirements and User Stories with Peter Varhol, Seapine
- Scrum in the Enterprise with Jim York, FoxHedge Ltd.