Certified Software Test Engineer (CSTE) Prep Course
Monday & Tuesday, April 30 & May 1: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Sponsored by: Chicago Quality Assurance Association
This full-day class is one of many focused professional development opportunities at QUEST 2012. Class tracks include Agile, Requirements, Process, Test Automation, Test Design, Testing Practices, CSTE Certification Prep, and CSQA Certification Prep.
The Certified Software Test Engineer Prep Course is designed specifically to prepare the quality testing professional for the CSTE examination. This is a 2-day course taught by a certified QAI instructor. The course aids the quality testing professional in focusing in on the topics that are important for understanding, thus helping toward the successful completion of the exam. This course is not intended to supplant the need for proper examination preparation. However, it will serve as an excellent review of the CSTE Common Body of Knowledge (CBOK) which consists of the ten skill categories listed below. Sample exam questions are provided throughout the course.
- Software Testing Principles and Concepts
- Building the Test Environment
- Managing the Test Project
- Test Planning
- Executing the Test Plan
- Test Status, Analysis, and Reporting
- User Acceptance Testing
- Testing Software Developed by Outside Organizations
- Testing Software Controls and the Adequacy of Security Procedures
- Testing New Technologies
- Formal application for certification is not required to take the prep course.
- Attendance is limited to 25 students (register early to guarantee a spot).
- The course fee is non-refundable; substitutes are allowed with prior notification.
- No walk-ins will be accepted.
- Complimentary continental breakfast, lunch, and afternoon refreshments will be provided by the Chicago Quality Assurance Association.
Neil Price-Jones, NVP Software Testing Inc.
Neil Price-Jones has 24 years experience in software testing and implementation of automation in a variety of areas like financial, telecommunications, and pension administration. In 1993, Neil founded NVP Software Testing that provides testing expertise to numerous organizations. He has made presentations to many software quality organizations including Kitchener Waterloo Software Quality Association (KWSQA) as well as Toronto Association for System & Software Quality (TASSQ) and is on the board of TASSQ. Mr. Price-Jones has presented and exhibited at the International Quality Conference from 2003-2006. He has assisted in training many clients in the financial, provincial government, health and insurance sectors.