The QUEST 2012 blog is an ongoing opportunity for industry thought leaders, evangelists, innovative practitioners, and IT professionals to share their insights with the broader QA community before, during, and beyond the 2012 conference. Follow the latest posts in whatever format you prefer (see "Blog Subscription" in right sidebar), and be sure to join the discussion online by joining the QUEST discussion group on LinkedIn!
This full-day class on Monday, April 30 is for any tester who is struggling to understand their role on an agile team. Functional managers and other members of an agile team, developers, iteration managers, product owners, who want to know how to get all their stories, including all testing tasks, “done” by the end of each iteration, will also find value in this class. Attendees will learn:
- The role of an agile tester in a typical two-week iteration
- How testers contribute during release and iteration planning
- What a tester’s activities are during an iteration
- What value a tester can add during an iteration
- The tester’s role in a successful release including the end game, UAT, packaging, and documentation
The class will be taught by Janet Gregory, co-author of Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers and Agile Teams, and a contributor to 97 Things Every Programmer Should Know.
Learn more about this professional development opportunity focused on Agile Testing!
Save $50 by registering early!
Enhance your skills and methods for the new year. Join thought leaders and peers in the QUEST for quality software. QUEST’s 110 unique learning opportunities address topics of highest interest to practitioners in their quest to provide software faster, cheaper and with high quality. Select attending one, two, three, four, or all five days based on your schedule and budget.
QUEST 2012 includes:
- 60 thought-provoking presentations and workshops in 5 concurrent tracks including three outstanding keynotes;
- 15 in-depth skills building classes and tutorials plus 2 certification preparation classes and an Essentials of Testing class;
- 20 discussion groups and expert chats on today’s hottest topics;
- 30 top product and services providers showcasing innovations in the EXPO exhibition hall;
- 14 short talks on the latest technologies, methods and tools in the exclusive EXPO Theatre;
- 4 fun and memorable social events to connect with fellow practitioners including an evening in the world-class city of Chicago;
- 3 bonus sessions for additional learning early or late in the day;
- 2 unique panel discussions bringing together representatives from IT disciplines and the open source community; and
- Experience Microsoft’s hands-on testing lab fostering developer and tester collaboration
Early Registration is Open! Save Up to $300. Group Discounts Available.
The 2-day Manager’s Solutions Workshop is an exclusive event for managers during QUEST 2012 in Chicago (April 30 & May 1, 2012). Join your peers from other companies, industry thought leaders, and the QAI Global Institute‘s professional staff as we tackle the top challenges facing IT managers in building, testing, and delivering quality software applications in today’s demanding environment. Experience this unique opportunity to leverage group skills and knowledge in developing pragmatic solutions during this intense and interactive two-day workshop.
Each attendee will have the opportunity to have their specific challenges and concerns addressed. Some of the challenges that have been addressed in past QAI Manager’s Solutions Workshops include:
- Proving the value of software quality and testing
- Improving requirements
- Testing within Agile projects
- Defining quality and testing metrics
- Improving the software development and testing process
- Building quality in throughout the software development process
- Making test automation work
- Establishing a testing center of excellence
- Managing offshore teams
- Applying risk analysis
- Building high performance teams
Find a return on your investment! QAI Global Institute’s studies show that if an IT organization forms an internal committee to develop a solution to a current challenge, the cost to the organization can range from $10,000 to $50,000. In addition to the cost of time for internal resources, there are lost opportunity savings and other benefit deficiencies from the delay in implementing a solution. By attending the Manager’s Solutions Workshop you will:
- Get solutions to your specific work challenges
- Focus on strategic and future oriented issues
- Connect with peers who can be contacted in the future to discuss work challenges
- Have the opportunity for one-on-one discussions with QAI’s professional staff on topics that you prefer not to be discussed in a group setting
This exclusive opportunity is ideal for managers responsible for the building, testing, and delivering quality software applications within their companies or software products for the marketplace, including:
- CIOs and CTOs
- IT/IS Vice Presidents and Directors
- Quality Managers
- Quality Assurance Managers
- Testing Managers
- Project Managers
Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of a select group of managers and industry experts who will aggressively tackle today’s most pressing quality issues! Learn more and read feedback from past participants at http://qaiquest.org/2012/managers-workshop/workshop/
Please note that significant Early Registration Discounts end February 17. Reserve your seat now!